CASA volunteers are frequently the only stable presence in these children's lives.
CASA volunteers can be and have been a variety of people including retirees, stay-at-home parents, students, and members of the professional field.
In 2014 in Comal County, 303 children were placed into state care. 217 of those children were able to have a CASA.
86 children went without a consistent, CASA voice.
Our goal is to serve every child that comes into care so join us as we work towards change in Comal County.
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Successfully pass screening, background checks and fingerprint requirements.
- Successfully complete initial 6-week training session provided by the CASA of Central Texas, Inc. program.
- Complete 12 hours of continuing education per year.
- Be able to keep information confidential and work within established program guidelines.