- Be on call during shifts to vet and assess media inquires, share information on smaller incidents, and notify leadership of need to scale up response.
- Serve as media spokesperson for local news outlets in person, over the phone or through Skype interviews.
- Work with chapter and regional leadership to write and pitch local stories to local media.
- Showcase Red Cross services and programs through earned media outreach at events, training, interviews, etc.
- Write and distribute media advisories and press releases.
- Maintain list of subject matter experts to speak with media.
- Maintain media log of queries, interviews and news stories.
- Create and maintain media lists.
- Protect the reputation of the Red Cross by identifying and assessing potential for harm to Red Cross brand, misinformation or information gaps.
- Work with communications management to develop a strategic approach
Background check, Training, Other
Driver's License Needed
0 Positions Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours