Spark Kit Relatable Role Model LettersGirls are looking for meaningful ways to connect now more than ever, and that’s where you come in! For girls in grades 3-12, we want to include an inspiring element of connection in our Spark Kits - Relatable Role Model Letters.So what are Relatable Role Model Letters? These page-long letters written by Girls Empowerment Network volunteers aim to inspire, encourage, uplift, and celebrate girls throughout our community. During the last several months, many of us have felt disconnected, distant, or isolated from others. Relatable Role Model Letters provide volunteers and girls a unique way of communicating and feeling connected. Be sure to check out our Volunteer FAQs (see links below)!This document is full of tips, guidelines, and an example Relatable Role Model Letter. To register as a Relatable Role Model Letters volunteer, visit: https://forms.gle/vmk24qPpJbx65K476 What should be included in my letters?
- The letter should be one page in length.
- Volunteers are asked to write a minimum of 5 different letters.
- We are currently asking for handwritten letters as this provides a personalized and meaningful touch.
- We recommend taking 1-2 weeks max to complete your letters.
- We welcome decorations, colors, markers, and stickers!
- We suggest using a variety of bright and bold colors.
- Letter recipients are girls in grades 3-8 and grades 6-12 (roughly 8-13 years old and 11-18 years old).
- You will be able to choose which age demographic you'd like to write letters to.
- Ensure your writing is legible and use language that is accessible to young folks.
- Use inclusive language in your letters (see our inclusive language section in our FAQs!)
- Steer away from language about physical attributes.
- Feel free to share your first name, age, city, and/or profession.
- Do not include any other identifying/personal information.
- When you have completed your 5+ letters, you will mail them to: PO BOX 3122, Austin, Texas, 78764 (ATTN: Relatable Role Model Letters).
- The sooner you can send us the letters, the sooner girls will be able to receive them!
- Share your favorite inspiring quote.
- Write about your role model/shero and why they inspire you.
- Share a joke or riddle.
- Offer words of affirmation or mantras.
- Share a memory from middle or high school when you were brave, kind, or used your voice to advocate for yourself or others.
- Write an acrostic poem using words like girl, power, bravery, strength, etc.
- Create fun doodles that can be colored in and decorated.
- Write about how you utilize the Six C's in your life:
- How are you creative?
- What are your favorite coping skills?
- What makes you feel confident?
- Who do you enjoy collaborating with?
- What makes you feel like a courageous communicator?
- How do you exercise your critical thinking skills?
Wondering if you should register to volunteer? Based on the CDC guidelines, we are asking you the following questions:
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.
8 Positions Filled | 1 Impact | 5 Hours