Are you interested in web design and Wordpress? Do you want to expand your portfolio while making a big impact?
We're a young nonprofit redesigning and expanding our website, and we need your help!
Note: This project is being offered through the Utah State University's Community Bridge Initiative, and is open only to current USU students.
About Science Moab
We're Science Moab, a nonprofit founded in 2019 that seeks to uplift, inspire, and empower the Colorado Plateau by making science accessible to all. We envision communities across the Colorado Plateau thriving from a deeper engagement with science and place-based knowledge.
What do we do?
To enact this vision, we run a popular outreach program (including a radio show, newspaper column, and in-person lectures, which are on hold during the pandemic), as well as science mentorship for local high-school students, and science-communication training for Moab guide companies.
As we implement these initiatives and continue to grow, our website is becoming an increasingly crucial tool for engaging the community, sharing our programming, and developing sustainable funding.
So, what's the project?
We're looking for a Wordpress whiz to help redesign our site by creating new skeleton pages/sections and implementing our new style guidelines (colors, fonts, etc.)
This opportunity is entirely remote, with flexible hours. We envision one student volunteer contributing roughly 4-6 hours per week, but this expectation is flexible depending on student needs. Aside from a weekly videoconference meeting during regular business hours, students can fulfill their hours whenever they wish.
1. Intermediate experience with CSS/HTML and WordPress
2. Computer with internet access
3. Access to videoconferencing platform (Zoom, Google Hangouts, etc.)
1. Manage and track project hours according to parameters (expected 4-6 hrs/week)
2. Attend weekly videoconference during regular business hours to review progress and troubleshoot
3. Communicate promptly about any questions or issues
4. Act with professionalism, courtesy, and enthusiasm; take personal initiative to successfully complete project