Interested in social media and brand cultivation? Love creating beautiful, engaging content that showcases Utah and local science?
We're a young nonprofit working to grow our social-media presence, and we need your help!
Note: This project is being offered through the Utah State University's Community Bridge Initiative, and is open only to current USU students.
About Science Moab
We're Science Moab, a nonprofit founded in 2019 that seeks to uplift, inspire, and empower the Colorado Plateau by making science accessible to all. We envision communities across the Colorado Plateau thriving from a deeper engagement with science and place-based knowledge.
What do we do?
To enact this vision, we run a popular outreach program (including a radio show, newspaper column, and in-person lectures, which are on hold during the pandemic), as well as science mentorship for local high-school students, and science-communication training for Moab guide companies.
As we implement these initiatives and continue to grow, our online presence is becoming an increasingly crucial tool for engaging the community and sharing our programming.
So, what's the project?
We're looking for a social-media guru to help brainstorm and produce content for our Facebook and Instagram accounts, and otherwise manage the accounts (responding to comments/DMs, etc.).
This opportunity is entirely remote, with flexible hours. We envision one student volunteer contributing roughly 5 hours/week, from early February to mid-April. Aside from a weekly videoconference meeting during regular business hours, students can fulfill their hours whenever they wish.
1. Experience with and/or interest in managing professional social-media accounts
2. Some knowledge of design principles and/or photography (preferred but not necessary)
3. Computer with internet access
4. Access to videoconferencing platform (Zoom, Google Hangouts, etc.)
1. Review our social-media plan, style guide, and content templates
2. Produce and schedule posts (ideally 3-4 per week) for Facebook and Instagram, in adherence with the above documents & collaboration with staff members
3. Maintain general social-media presence by responding to comments, interacting with other organizations, etc.
4. Video conference with us each week during regular business hours to collaborate and troubleshoot
5. Communicate promptly about scheduling and questions
6. Act with professionalism, courtesy, and enthusiasm; take personal initiative to successfully complete the project
Some knowledge of design principles and/or photography (preferred but not necessary)
Computer with internet access
Access to videoconferencing platform (Zoom, Google Hangouts, etc.)