Wall Street Juniors (WSJ) works towards helping growing minds in underserved communities bind an understanding of financial literacy. By expanding a horizon on financial concepts that range from understanding student loans, credit-building, budget plans, investments, entrepreneurship.
This is done through presentations including virtual meetings, web and in-person seminars, and financial workshops. There are opportunities which extend invitations to all age groups to participate in our programs. WSJ looks forward to serving a community willing to grow and develop one investment at a time.
What You’ll Work On
- Upholding WSJ Values
- Act as primary contact with
- Assisting in the recruitment
- Setting up a meeting with volunteers prior to the start of the season
- Working with site to distribute materials explaining registration to all volunteers at the time of the season
- Take the lead on marketing the program to communities through newsletter articles, faculty/staff meetings, website, open houses, etc. prior to registration period
- Act as primary contact if students have questions
- Coordinating picking up items from WSJ office such as marketing materials, supplies, t-shirts, etc. several times throughout the season
- Reading/reviewing weekly communication from WSJ staff and taking necessary actions
- 2-hour commitment to attend monthly committee meetings.
- Flexible hours
- Willingness to work within guidelines, policies, standards and mission statements of WSJ.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural/ethnic differences and/or willingness to learn.
- Ability to work in stressful environments
- Ability to work in a team and accept guidance and direction from staff members.
- Experience with diverse cultures, languages and situations desirable but not mandatory.
- Strong communication skills and ability to follow directions.
- Has strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to represent the group externally.
SIGN UP FOR ORIENTATION HERE:
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.