Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church (CLC) seeks to fill a part-time Youth & Family Director position. The director in partnership with the congregation will focus on faith formation of children and youth in the congregation and community. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in youth ministry, education, family studies or a similar field. CLC is located on Mill St in Athens, OH
Commitment: 10-15 hours per week
- Strong Christian commitment with the desire to lead and mentor youth in the Christian faith, with a focus on God’s grace and our calling to live life sharing Jesus’ love.
- Knowledge of child development and family systems
- Ability to coach/teach/mentor youth
- Strong initiative, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of and ability to establish appropriate boundaries
- Creativity, flexibility, and enthusiasm in relating to youth
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere with Pastor, congregation, youth and parents
- Availability Sunday mornings to develop relationships and teach youth
- Willing/able to receive outside training, and on-the-job training
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, comparable experience or current pursuit of related degree also acceptable.
- In cooperation with the Youth Committee to plan, advertise, and execute monthly events for high school, middle school and elementary youth, intermingling education, service, and fun.
- Be active in outreach and advocacy for the youth of Christ Lutheran.
- Encourage and communicate with youth/families regularly
- Coordinate Vacation Bible School and the Children’s Message for Sunday worship
- In conjunction with the chair of Christian Education, coordinate Sunday school class for elementary children
- Develop a volunteer base-recruit and equip congregational members to assist with youth activities (hosting, chaperoning, driving, etc.)
- Meet with Pastor and Youth Committee regularly
- Maintain a general monthly account of time appropriations.
Successful candidate will complete a background check.