The student will handle communications with volunteers, recruitment of new volunteers, and help create more efficient and effective management of volunteer data, including scheduling of volunteer service and training/orientation.Partner Organization: Little Friends For Peace
Imagine a beloved community, a world where relationships are based on respect and acceptance, conflicts end in reconciliation, and everyone is safe, cared for, and able to realize their unique potential.
Little Friends For Peace (LFFP) welcomes adults and youth to experience, learn and practice peace through our various peace education programs. We believe that all people can create homes, classrooms, teams and workplaces where everyone gives, everyone gains, and everyone wins.
Position Description and Tasks
- Check volunteer email daily and respond to email inquiries
- Send a weekly email to all current/active volunteers with udpates
- Assist with recruiting new volunteers
- Update volunteer signup sheet as new programs start and people begin to sign up
- Distribute volunteer handbook via email when volunteers sign up
- Update the 2021 Volunteer “group email” list with all current volunteers
- Send out emails to volunteers about upcoming events and opportunities
- Make sure volunteers have all the information and resources they need for the
- programs they sign up for
- Support and facilitate volunteer orientation and trainings
- Write the LFFP volunteer spotlight article for our Spring Newsletter
- Photograph volunteers at LFFP programs and events, when necessary
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Research skills
- Comfort making outreach phone calls to gather information
- Ability to thoroughly and accurately record information and data (attention to detail)
- Passion for our organizational mission and aims
- Well familiar with Microsoft Office platforms, quick learner of new platforms and tools
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, able to work independently
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively, multitask and meet deadlines with occasional changes of priorities
General Student Expectations
This project is for students in the Community Engagement section of BADM 4001. Students must submit an application and be selected for a project before they can enroll.
For Fall 2022, class is scheduled for Tuesdays, 3:45-4:35.
The Fall 2022 semester runs from Aug 29-Dec 12, allowing 15 weeks for service toward project goals. Students serving five hours per week will meet the 70-hours of service expected for the course. Orientation, training, and work toward project goals, whether completed on or off-site, all contribute toward this requirement. Time spent traveling to/from site or completing course reflection assignments does not.