About College Forward
Since 2003, College Forward has coached underserved, motivated students to achieve the benefits of higher education and a college degree. We believe that all motivated Texas students can access and complete college. Our personalized, near-peer coaches and resources in both high schools and higher education institutions across the state offer the right amount of support to empower our students every step of the way. Our approach is working: College Forward students are five times more likely to earn a Bachelor’s degree than their peers. We can’t wait to keep leveling the playing field. As part of our continued commitment to deepen our impact and scale meaningful student outcomes, College Forward became a part of the national College Possible organization in July 2021.
We are seeking AmeriCorps*Texas members to serve as College Coaches from August 15, 2022 - June 16, 2023 at our Austin site. The applicant must possess a sincere interest in empowering youth and a passion for higher education. Applicants should also possess the ability to carefully and strategically plan individual work goals in order to meet organizational objectives in a timely manner; ability to closely monitor progress towards these goals and take appropriate remedial action when necessary. Successful applicants are leaders with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
College Access Coaches serve high school juniors and seniors by providing support and guidance through the college application process. These coaches work with students one on one and within a classroom environment to ensure students are on track towards accomplishing their academic goals. College Access Coaches lead college prep classes, assist students with submitting financial aid and scholarship applications, and support students through the college exploration journey.
AmeriCorps Service Term
The AmeriCorps program at College Forward is a paid service opportunity for those who want to gain professional development while serving the community. Below are some of the benefits of completing a service term:
- Positively impact a community
- Develop both personal and professional skills
- Living Stipend (paid bi-weekly)
- Education Award to be used for education expenses like eligible student loans and tuition
- Building a network of peers and mentors with similar interests and goals
- Free medical insurance
- Low-cost dental and vision insurance
- Monthly mileage and cell phone use reimbursements
- Opportunity to forbear qualified student loans during service
- Professional Development Training
LIVING ALLOWANCE: $1312 - $1312 monthly
BENEFITS: Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS: College Forward provides millage reimbursement for all travel related to service along with a monthly cell phone allowance.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: College Graduate
DESIRED LANGUAGES: English, Spanish
OTHER CONDITIONS: Car recommended
Subject to criminal background check
TO APPLY: https://collegeforward.org/job/college-access-coach/
For any questions, contact email@example.com
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.