**Must have availability on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00-6:00pm.
** Please note that these are paid positions. Details are below.
Serve Your City/Ward 6 Mutual Aid(SYC/W6MA), through a grant from CityBridge is seeking multiple part time Tutors for SYC/W6MA's CityTutor DC Tutor Hub. Serve Your City/Ward 6 Mutual Aid is a holistic youth development organization that serves Black and Brown students in Washington DC, their families, and their communities to ensure liberation. Whether it's our after-school enrichment and tutoring programs or life-saving work with Ward 6 Mutual Aid, our mission remains the same: provide Black and Brown youth and families the same resources and opportunities that others in DC already have. Today and into the future.
This will be a 6-month, part-time position on evenings and weekends (3-4 hours on Saturdays and 2 week day evenings) with two additional weeks of training. The tutors will be responsible for delivering high-impact middle school math tutoring to 2-3 students following a guided curriculum. The tutor will work with the Program Manager to:
- Implement the Saga Curriculum with 2-3 students per week over 20 weeks.
- Review curriculum modules weekly to ensure tutors are prepared for tutoring sessions
- Communicate SYC co-curricular opportunities to students to encourage participation.
- Attend regular training sessions offered by SYC/W6MA and CitiBridge.
- Assist with regular student assessment
- Report necessary data and student notes each week.
- Serve as a positive role model for students.
- Communicate with families as needed, as directed by the program director.
- Other duties as needed to implement this initiative successfully.
The ideal candidate has experience in tutoring and youth development. Math expertise is not required, as the curriculum provides the necessary learning and lesson plans. Benefits include competitive compensation ($20.00 per hour), opportunities for community involvement, and ongoing professional development.
Position begins January 2022.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $20.00 per hour
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
IF INTERESTED, please send resume to email@example.com